Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I promise

I promise this blog will be a random string of seemingly unrelated events.
I promise I will be very sporadic in posting. 
I promise you will not understand much, if any, of what I post.

I think I can keep those promises!

I also promise this is very therapeutic for me.  I don't know why I put that in "promise" form.  Probably because I have this disorder where I start a trend and then I can't let it go until long after it has ceased to be funny. 

And I promise that while a fellow blogger did inspire me to start this fun, I am not intending to plagiarize... or steal followers... or advertising dollars... or to win the internet.  It's all yours.  And I'm not even getting any advertising dollars.  Let me know if I piss you off, hopefully we can find a way to both be happy. 

Anyway, for starters, let's have some intros.  This is me:


I have a dog.  I call him Muppy (it's a mash-up of Mutt and Puppy.  No that isn't his real name, but he gets called that more often than anything else)  I also have a husband.  For the sake of this blog, I'm going to call him the Designated Hitter.  The internet acronym of DH (dear husband) always makes me think of designated hitter, and I don't know what else to call him.  No, he doesn't hit me, and quite frankly I'm not a fan of the DH rule, but just go with it.  I did promise this wouldn't make any sense.  Anyway, I didn't draw a picture of either of them yet.  You'll see them someday.  Muppy is black and has a feather-duster for a tail.  Designated Hitter is tall, and doesn't have a tail. 

I have a family.  They're all nuts.  They'll probably be the prime focus of this blog.  Like I said: therapeutic.  Designated Hitter has a family too, and they're also nuts but in a much different (and somewhat less traumatic) way.  Muppy was a Humane Society rescue, his first family was probably the most traumatic but we're his family now.  And we try not to torture the poor beast.

I am typically a morning person, and it is well past my bedtime now.  I've been stuck in an insomniac cycle lately though.  I am going to try to go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment