Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Food Glorious Food, Flesh picked off the dead ones

I was out riding around on my chariot today, and the magic was gone.  No, seriously, the Gas Fairy forgot to show up (See, Best Friend?  This is why I was hesitant to give Designated Hitter the credit of being the Gas Fairy.  Then he also doesn't have to take the blame when I'm clear out in the middle of the South 40 and the mower sputters and dies.  Yes I realize I should have checked it before I started mowing, but I'm spoiled)

Well, Gas Fairy had filled the little red 5 gallon gas tank in the garage, thank goodness.  But my chariot ran dry.  As I slide my sweaty butt off the seat and start walking towards the house, a shadow goes over.  I immediately started singing the Food Glorious Food song from Ice Age: The Meltdown, because humor was going to be the only thing to keep me from completely freaking out by the fact that my mower died and I was about to fall over in the heat and humidity as I went for gas and buzzards were circling overhead.  Then I realized why the huge creepy birds were swarming.  I had tossed Giant Squirrel Balls into the yard not too far from where I was stumbling.  Also, the rest of the squirrel.
It was like that, only there were a lot more buzzards.  And even though I've never seen that Hitchcock movie, I am still creeped out by swarms of flesh-hungry birds. 

And then after I refilled the gas tank, I once again forgot about Giant Squirrel Balls and I ran over the damned thing.  That was the worst smell I've experienced in quite a while.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry! I jinxed you with the Gas Fairy, I didn't believe *hangs head in shame*...btw LMFAO @ your fuck off and buzzard pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad there was gas here! I hate putting a gas can in my car...

    ReplyDelete