Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Morning Person = Evil

Why exactly are morning people vilified?  What did I do to deserve this?  I wake up at 5:00 no matter what time I go to bed.  No alarm clock.  3 hours of sleep or 9, doesn't matter.  (Although do you have any idea how hard it is to get 9 hours of sleep when you wake up at 5:00?  You have to go to bed when it's still light out)

Why is it that society loves these people
who are all grumpy and irritable and worship their coffee pot?  (those are steaming coffee mugs)  They stand around and compare notes on who is more sleepy like it's a badge of honor.  Yay!  I'm sleep deprived!  Except I'm way too tired to say yay or use exclamation points!  I'll just go pretend to work for a few hours until I can go home and stay up all night.

And then there's me.

I don't know what my legs are doing.

I didn't know what my legs were doing last night either.  The Creepin' Heebie Geebies are a real bitch.  I think it's probably technically Restless Leg Syndrome, but I have White Coat Phobia so I don't know what I really have, nor do I have medication to fix the problem.  I'm also a hypochondriac and love disorders with funny names.  Restless Leg Syndrome = not funny.  Creepin' Heebie Geebies = somewhat less not-funny.  Also fictitious.  Did you know I have something that is truly and honestly called Exploding Head Syndrome?  It's not nearly as cool as it sounds.  I have never had to scrape my brains off my headboard.

But I digress...

You know, now that I look at that picture, I kind of hate morning people too.  I really want to tell myself to sit down and shut up!  I started at the wrong end of the story.  Fast forward to about 8:30 that evening.  Night people are all "woo hoo!  Let's go out!  It's time for a party!"  And I'm yawning because I'm sleepy and ready for bed.  And they call me a loser.  And I'm sad.

So let's recap: in the morning, the "normal" people are sleepy and the annoying people are awake.  In the evening, they are partying and the losers are getting ready for bed. 

Anyway, I'm awake and perky.  Even though I only got 4 hours of sleep last night.  I'll be ready for bed before the Designated Hitter is even ready for dinner tonight.  I'll never be popular.  You have to be tired in the morning and love coffee to fit in.  I'm an annoying loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment