Friday, May 14, 2010

M'Lady, your chariot awaits

It's MINE!  All mine!!!!!!!  Yep it's official today, my lawn mower is paid off!
(not shown: mud, nail in tire, yard, dull blades, me)

I love my mower.  It even has a cupholder.
(added: me, beer)
Two years ago, Muppy got a present: a 3 acre yard to run around.  That obviously led to needing a riding mower.  A few months later, one of Designated Hitter's co-workers asked him how he liked the Cub Cadet mower, and he replies "I don't know, she won't let me ride it" and he wasn't lying!  I bet he's only used it 3 times total in the last two years... and we live in a freaking rainforest.  I usually have to mow twice a week if the weather cooperates, and start mowing in March (maybe even once in February), sometimes don't quit until November...

Have I mentioned I love my mower?

It's magical too.  Or at least there is magic that surrounds it.  Every time I get ready to mow, I discover that it's full of gas again!  I think there's a Gas Fairy.  Take that however you want.  The weird thing is every time I look to the sky and say "Thank you, Gas Fairy" the Designated Hitter says "you're welcome".  Who is he fooling?  I know it's magic.

I wish I could honor this occasion by mowing today, but the weather isn't being agreeable.

2 comments:

  1. Oh come on, gotta give Designated Hitter credit once in awhile...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I suppose. At first the Gas Fairy just magically refilled the little red gas can in the garage, and I had to put it into the mower, but now Designated Hitter actually fills up the mower for me. So he gets that credit!

    ReplyDelete